[Mesh] Meeting Minutes 2/21

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Feb 25 13:14:35 PST 2013

I haven't been able to make a meeting yet but would love to help fabricate antenna mounting hardware and enclosures!  Is there a spec sheet for the transceivers y'all are planning to use that would show physical dimensions?

Cheers,
Hol

Feb 25, 2013 12:16:36 PM, tunabananas at gmail.com wrote:
Meeting minutes are also archived here: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/21_February_2013

>=Attendees=
>Mark, Juul, Jenny, Bill, Miguel, Dres
>

>=Debrief from Saturday's field trip=
>*Replaced router at the Bikery in San Antonio (1) and Matt's house in Fruitvale (2)
>*Installed new router at the Bikery's second location (in the same building as LOLspace) (3)

*Scoped out the rooftop situation at the LOL/SOL building

*Juul did [http://lists.sudoroom.org/pipermail/mesh/2013-February/000021.html research on what's needed to do rooftop tests]

>=Equipment Needs=

*Binoculars w/ built-in compass
>*Normal compasses if the above can't be procured
>*Tripods for mounting antennas
>*Wifi USB dongles
>*Wifi measuring device (from Ubiquiti)
>*Weather-resistent enclosures

*Walkie talkies!

>=Ideas=
>*Wifi-based microwave interference detector
>*Ham certification gives you some privileges on the wifi frequencies (up to 50 watts!?)
>*Alameda island mesh network attempt: http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireless.alameda

*We should assess wifi rane in crappy weather conditions
>*Schools, libraries, city buildings
>
>=Needs Assessment=
>*How much equipment can we procure from donations?
>*DD-WRT and OpenWRT compliance with various kinds of routers
>

>=Sudo Room Inventory=
>*OpenMesh MR500
>*1 Linksys WRT54GL v.1.1 (4 MB)
>*2 Linksys WAP54G v.3.1 (2 MB)
>
>=Action Items=
>*Research on outdoor weatherproof equipment
>**Jenny will talk to Commotion folks

*Work on OpenITP proposal.
>*Work on proposal for OpenOakland / City of Oakland.
>
>---------
>Jenny

http://jennyryan.net

http://thepyre.org