[sudo-discuss] Sudoroom electrical plans

J Clark hello at sl-co.com
Mon Sep 8 09:15:37 PDT 2014

On 9/7/14 10:12 AM, hol at gaskill.com wrote:

we've been thinking the desk/laptop load would be split between two big
power strips with one attached to the back wall and one running from 3d
printing area, so on 2x20A runs.  so far we haven't tripped a breaker
that i know of (have we?) and that's with the existing
tentacle-suspension bridge infrastructure.  from what i understand,
there were already $400 dollars allocated for 'phase i' which has been
circulating for a few weeks now, and whit already paid out of pocket for
the materials to match the budget, and as far as i know has not been
reimbursed :(.  with the servers getting their own dedicated runs, the
risks associated with a breaker popping in the event of an extreme load
are pretty low.  my inclination would be that unless someone shows
quantitative analysis of planned loads exceeding planned capacity (thank
you judy for crunching some loads!) then we can move forward with the
plan that's been refined over the last month.  I do not know about any
limitations like de-rating breaker positions below their rated capacity
so there could be something we're missing.

cheers