[sudo-discuss] Dia de los Muertos fundraiser: is happening?

max b maxb.personal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:14:51 PDT 2014

+1000

Cultural appropriation/colonization should absolutely not be welcome at the
omni.

That being said, there shouldn't be a problem hosting a halloween party,
and we can all be accountable to eachother and to our community while we're
at it. I highly recommend this set of resources compiled by a good friend
of mine in celebrating Halloween in a conscientious manner:

http://www.conspireforchange.org/?p=2033

A few language tweaks, and maybe even a highlighting of these ideas on your
literature and I imagine you'd be good to go!