[sudo-discuss] dready Sean

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:14:32 PST 2014

Hi all,

The sean I am speaking of is not the awesome sean of Spaz fame here, but
the guy with dreads.

A lot of us have known him from around, for a while. I've seen him crashing
at various group houses and generally around since about 2006 going back to
Apgar days, if anyone remembers that house.

He says he is a sudoer, although I am not sure if he is or ain't. I suspect
he ain't.

I know Sean has cognitive difficulties, but after watching him dump about a
pint of coffee on the ground and simply refuse to take any time to clean it
up because he had 'other priorities', I am not happy to have him sharing
our space.

After Niki and I confronted him after much - much - haranguing, he
eventually got a mop and cleaned it up, yelling at me about some total
nonsequitur like how I should care more about Max from FNB being hurt than
him cleaning up his own mess (as it happens I drove Max to hospital the
other day right after that happened, but whatever.)

This is the second time I have had to confront sean about something like
this while I have barely been around this last month, but I suspect a lot
people don't engage with him when stuff like that happens, so I'm
guessing it probably happens frequently.

Since he identifies with sudo, I would like to ask Sean to come to a Sudo
meeting where he can can be informed as to the the general attitude of
respect towards the space and people in it. If anyone can mention this to
him or if you know his email?

I would like to ask that Sean be unwelcome here until he does come to a
sudo meeting. If he is not a sudoer but a guest of a sudoer, I would like
to know who will be responsible for dude when he is here, cleaning up after
him, etc.

I do not think sean is a bad person, just totally in his own
world really, and because of that self-centeredness, mental issues or not,
he is just uncaring about how he treats others and his environment. I can't
believe he expected others, on their hands and knees stocking the fridge
full of donated food, to clean up his own mess that he basically pored
right in front of them to kneel in. It's just not at all cool.

David