[sudo-discuss] [sudo-board] !!!!! Re: URGENT: help finish state taxes

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:35:15 PST 2014

I already caught one* EXTREMELY IMPORTANT MISTAKE *please read this
document in full and provide feedback ASAP.

Seriously. Help.

I removed "city governance candidates meet and greets" from Side 3, Part
II, Question 8.

It's very important that sudo room does not come off as affecting political
campaigns. This is a huge red flag for the IRS!

Note in Section D there is even a question:

"Does the organization support or oppose candidates in political campaigns
in any way?"

To which our answer is an emphatic "No"

Further, sudo room has never (and in my heart of hearts I hope *will never*)
host governance candidates for any intentional purpose other than simply as
community participants like anyone else.

// Matt