[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Children

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 16:07:54 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laurie Cooperman Rosen <Lscoop at comcast.net>
Date: Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Subject: RE: Children
To: Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>

Hi Matt-****

I received your note and drafted a response that night, but didn’t mail it
out because I wanted to make sure George has nothing to add first.  You
will have it this weekend.  The number one concern (before even anything
else) is that WE are not insured for this and have received no evidence of
coverage from your group either.  At this point everybody who has any
visitors on a regular basis MUST have insurance coverage with us as named
insureds, and we at this point need to enforce that.  Next on the list are
permitting related issues from the City of Oakland for children to be
allowed in any kind of day care setting, and also arrangements that will
need to be made by your group (and the School too) to take care of
janitorial during and immediately after any group activities being held
there.  This is not necessarily inclusive, but a start.   We can discuss
the possibility of this happening (allowing children in eventually), but
not until these and other issues are fully addressed.  I apologize for the
miscommunications on both sides that caused George to get upset about this
and perhaps act too heated, but it was not without reason (given that he
assumed that the communications had been disbursed), and for the time being
we need to start with the insurance issue because it looks like that will
be required because of all of the traffic whether children are able to use
the space eventually or not.****

Sorry, I worked on the email and saved it and was waiting for George to
have time to look at it.  The first month always keeps us both hopping and
we only pass like ships in the night!****

Laurie****

** **

** **