[sudo-discuss] SERVER SETUP and MAINTENANCE

Troy Massey ecoeconomist11 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 14:11:12 PDT 2013

Practical Options for Deploying IT Equipment in Small Server Rooms & Branch
Offices Source: APC by Schneider
Electric<http://www.techrepublic.com/research-library/apc+by+schneider+electric>

Small server rooms and branch offices are typically unorganized, unsecure,
hot, unmonitored, and space constrained. These conditions can lead to
system downtime or, at the very least, lead to “close calls” that get
management’s attention. Practical experience with these problems reveals a
short list of effective methods to improve the availability of IT
operations within small server rooms and branch offices. This paper
discusses making realistic improvements to power, cooling, racks, physical
security, monitoring, and lighting. The focus of this paper is on small
server rooms and branch offices with up to 10kW of IT load.

I figure some good information can be found in this paper regarding server
options. For those interested, have a read
 I'm sure it covers ground some people are familar with and some new
approaches as well,

Sincerely,

Troy