[sudo-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Land Lord Proposal Tonight

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Wed May 22 14:19:47 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

Let me address these points:

"That sounds really antagonistic to the landlord.  What is the advantage of
requiring his demands in writing, versus trying to maintain a friendly
relationship with him?"

One of the major problems we've had with George is communication. His
interactions usually involve him speaking under his breath about "flies"
"needed to clean up" "bottles" "something about the elevator" and then
giving some kind of threat afterward. It's a really unpleasant experience
especially for anyone who hasn't dealt with him before. For example one day
he came in to Sudo Room and demanded that all the furniture be "cleared
out" of the common area to me because I was the only person there at the
time. upon further discussion with Matt it turns out that all he wanted was
for the common area to look clear for some people who where coming by to
look at renting it out.

bottom line is that up until now we have been playing catch up with this
poor communication skills and, honestly, shady business practices. Getting
things in writing allows for clarity and accountability.

"I'm pretty sure "Don't leave the door propped open" is well within his
rights, and challenging that request is going to make quick enemies with a
man we depend on."

Yeah except keeping the only access to our space open during business hours
also seems like a reasonable request, especially considering the front door
is pretty much always open during business hours. We need to know exactly
what he is requesting so we can understand it and not just react when he
gets upset.

Thanks,
Andrew