[sudo-discuss] Just a reminder of how ridiculous crowd funding is

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:27:04 PDT 2013

I disagree with Gtwog's 'no apologies needed' stance, and thank Andrew
profusely for his public apology. You don't need to sound homophobic to
sound ignorant as hell, and you don't need to eat crow to admit you were
wrong.

I think it's crazy to expect not to be ignorant about each other sometimes.
It's brave to admit it, and scary to me when misunderstanding or
disagreement are swept under the rug. But hey, 'hacker' culture seems to
include dismissing (other people's) personal discomfort as 'drama' while
assuming somehow that in an open community there will be no
misunderstanding.

R.