[sudo-discuss] post-Bike Smut follow-up

Rabbit rabbitface at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:29:10 PDT 2013

Thanks, Vicky!

I want to speak up especially about consent:

1. Consent on the screen: If we're going to watch porn together (which I
support!) let's make sure it reflects our values instead of supporting rape
culture (like the film with the box being delivered).
http://www.upsettingrapeculture.com/rapeculture.html

2. Consent in the audience: Let's be careful to let the audience know if
there are difficult / triggering things in the porn we're showing which
could be traumatic for them to see.  This applies to bdsm as well as
non-consent.

Both of these are very serious issues.  In the future I think we need to
preview shows like this before showing them to an audience.

Props to the contestants at the end of the show, though!  That was really
great.

-Rabbit