[sudo-discuss] post-Bike Smut follow-up

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Sat May 18 18:15:55 PDT 2013

I want to thank everyone who came together last night to collaboratively
bust their butts and get the event organized and running smoothly! Major
props to the night owls who helped with final cleanup and with luggin those
ginormous speakers back to my house! In the end we made ~$200, which was
4/9 of the total donations (4/9 went to Bike Smut and 1/9 went to Rock
Paper Scissors for hooking it up with the beer). Maybe we should have a big
event where 100% goes to SR? :] :]

I had a wonderful time! The major highlights for me were absolutely Ray's
aphrodesiac ice cream and witnessing the Sudo Mateists working hard the day
before (Not trying to toot horns--in all seriousness, I find food to be way
more sensual than porn).

After the show was over, I walked around and solicited people's feedback
for the show. Some members of the audience...

   - wished there would have been a greater presence of male-bodied people,
   transgender people and people of color, as well as a greater diversity of
   non/gendered roles played out. (I spoke afterward with Phil about the high
   presence of female-bodied people, and he said that the majority of the
   production crew are female-bodied as well, and that they would like more
   diversity in the films they recieve and is open to input.)
   - wondered how crowdsourcing porn affects demographic of submissions
   - were not surprised at the lack of diversity in queer porn
   - had not seen strap-on sex before, and were delighted
   - were displeased that there was no warning about two films with
   (staged) nonconsensual acts
   - want to hack sexuality
   - might want to have a screening of very diverse porn
   - think it would be really good to have a follow-up conversation!

Sorry if I missed your point--if you pm me I can add it in, or please
respond to the list. On the latter point, would anyone be interested in
organizing this?

Hugs,
Vicky