[sudo-discuss] reminder: this email list is Google-able

johanna faust female.faust at gmail.com
Mon May 6 00:50:36 PDT 2013

*SHORT VERSION:*
*
i expected public when i signed up and see these discussions, primarily, as
a resource that will have been found to bear its sweetest fruit by virtue,
yes, of it's having been mined -- but by the People who share this Lively
Stage, not the Creeping, and Creepy, Evil Spy Creeps.
*
*
*LONG VERSION:*

as a child of the Early Modern  period, may i show a solidarity i would not
have expected, quite frankly:  i am squarely on the side of make it
searchable.  usually i try to more fanatical about privacy as a rule, than
wherever i left off, because i know more would be better.  never a
facebook, waiting for nym-support to click at that g-plus with *someone
else's* mouse, nonetheless here i tippy-tap to gmail, as has been recently
brought to my embarrassed attention.

but:

so much of this age is ephemeral.  so much of our wisdom is going to be
lost.  it is frightening, really.  in that way, i hope the spooks make some
hard copy on acid free paper in permanent ink....

because:

i have gotten such good, such wisdom and inspiration, from similar
archives, when they turn up in answer to some search of mine....

unless there is a risk factor i am not taking seriously enough, such as,
this makes it easier for my gmail to become a zombie server of 'American
Idol' action figure brand sugar snacks...

i am rather fond, as well, of the public and searcheable nature of this
record of our lives.

it is (as far as i am aware) the first such list that i have participated
in in the digital world (i ran a couple of Amateur Press Associations, or
APAs, back in their heyday at the dawn of the internet, that event that a
before which cannot be conceived)...

not counting dumb ass go-nowhere google groups and that facebook page that
is STILL stealing one of  my poems.

but i digress.  and  conclude.  be seeing you.