[sudo-discuss] Happy Cinco de Mayo and a Gene Roddenberry quote

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:32:17 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I thought I'd send over a little nerd love to all (in the quote below) and
wish you a Happy CInco de Mayo!

"Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and
wisdom on the day that it begins not just to tolerate, but take a special
delight in differences in ideas and differences in life forms. [...] If we
cannot learn to actually enjoy those small differences, to take a positive
delight in those small differences between our own kind, here on this
planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity
that is almost certainly out there."
-- Gene Roddenberry<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/43942.Gene_Roddenberry>

Live long and Prosper!
Ryan