[sudo-discuss] Please help pay dues / our rent (we're going to be short), plus seeking materials for a (physical) drop box.

Tommy York tommy.york at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:32:57 PDT 2013

As Marina mentioned in her email, we're *short rent* and need to *collect
dues* from everyone to cover it. I understand that meeting attendance
hasn't been as high as active membership in general, but if you've missed
out on paying dues in the last month, can do so, and can make it tonight,
come!

One thing I thought might make a significant different in collecting rent
and dues is having a (physical) drop box installed on the wall in Sudoroom,
so that people could safely drop off checks at any time of the day. I
suppose this would be much like the mailbox, but mayhaps with keys
distributed to the ~5 checksigners, so that checks could even be dropped
off in this physical box after receiving them in the mail. I'm broke until
I get my first paycheck from my new work in ~2.5 weeks, and don't really
have a lot of things, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about a
potential lockable dropbox to install on the wall / somewhere at Sudoroom.
If all else fails, I'll check out urban ore before the meeting.

tl;dr: pay rent.

- tommy