[sudo-discuss] It's Unconscionable

Paul Ivanov pi at berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 4 09:51:05 PST 2013

Hey gang,

I'm late to the party, and it seems like this generated a lot of
thoughtful repsonses, but I just wanted to respond to this:

Eddan, on 2013-02-28 17:07,  wrote:
> It seems to me that it is most imperative to respond most directly to his
> assertion that Workshop Weekend has a class "to teach people a skill to
> violate the law". It is carefully enough worded that it is not claiming
> that the workshop or the teachers are doing anything illegal.

Skills which can be used to violate the law:

driving ( allows you to speed / make illegal turns, etc )
parallel parking ( allows you to park in front of e.g. a fire hydrant )
drawing ( graffiti / destruction of property )
walking ( crossing the road at a non-intersection / jaywalking)
critical thinking ( unlimited potential for violating the law! )

best,
--
Paul Ivanov