[sudo-discuss] [BAPS-Organizing] Re: Proposal to Galvanize

Michael Nicoloff michael.nicoloff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 10:02:07 PST 2013

So, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm on record as being very skeptical
about the feasibility of the Omni, so speaking from that perspective, I
think that working on some combination of renters for the third office is a
really excellent idea. It takes steps toward the creation of a broader
radical common and, as Matt points out, it really does lay the groundwork
for the kind of financial and organizing coordination that the Omni or any
other larger collective project would need. I don't want to be a skeptical
downer over here, because I really do hope that the Omni comes to fruition,
but I nonetheless think it's important to focus on creating a resilient
organizational and financial infrastructure that, even if the Omni falls
through, will still allow us to move forward on these kinds of projects.
Drawing other groups into the space we have in the here and now seems like
a good, concrete step towards that sort of work.

MN