[Mesh] [FNF] Fwd: grant

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Tue Dec 10 15:46:57 PST 2013

On 12/05/2013 09:45 PM, Jenny Ryan wrote:
> Thanks for the positive feedback, all. Continual reminders of how
> awesome and collaborative our community truly is <3
>
> Truth, it would be most excellent to collaborate on grants, and I wonder
> if someone from the libre-mesh project is considering applying?

NAK AFAIK, at least at altermundi we're too busy as well

> Our time and energy as volunteers is indeed limited, as such it would be
> rad to strategize and coordinate our efforts.

to add to what Isaac said, in my experience it works a bit like:
1) you start collaborating, ad-honorem, with some other group or person
2) those interactions go well and/or increase
3) then it feels natural to present a joint proposal, to whatever call

apart from that, i also fail to see the competition when two or more
groups present different proposals to the same call:
no matter which of them win, that means money coming in for the
mesh/wifi/floss big community, which produce libre software, which means
everyone wins

> I'm sketching out some ideas for MeshThePlanet.org and would love y'allz
> input. I'd like to model it after the hackerspaces.org
> <http://hackerspaces.org> wiki and put the libre-map project on it,
> links to folks' documentation / blog feeds, and include resources such
> as funding opportunities and upcoming conferences and events.

+1! a much needed resource

cheers!