[Mesh] My mesh project.

mark burdett mark at 510pen.org
Wed Feb 6 16:19:56 PST 2013

Hi Alcides,
BATMAN is still very much under development -  batman-adv 2013.0.0 was
released on Jan. 15th, see
http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki/2013-01-15-batman-adv-2013-0-0-release.
 open-mesh's NG firmware uses batman-adv kernel module.

As far as routers go, I have set up folks with open-mesh equipment because
it works off the shelf. However I am not (yet) committed to any particular
hardware or software or protocol, I consider 510pen to be a research and
development project - mixed with as much real-world deployment in the
community as we have volunteers to work on!

By the way - I'm curious how excited folks are about meeting up this week.
I was also thinking about attending Cory Doctorow's book reading -
https://www.eff.org/event/cory-doctorow-booksmith  and having the next
meetup next Thursday - unless a lot of folks were planning to be there :)

--mark B.