[sudo-discuss] Bubble

J Clark hello at sl-co.com
Fri Mar 27 10:36:06 PDT 2015

Hi Matt,

I've been watching this for a while too. There's a lot of global
uncertainty in financial markets, so we could be in for a domino thing
or who knows what.

The things most immediately affected for most people will be anything
that touches the stock market: IRAs, stocks or bonds. So first I'd
recommend looking at any stash of money that isn't in a checking or
savings account, consider if you can afford to lose it.

There are those who advocate much stronger measures, like what you'd do
to prepare for a major earthquake: stash drinkable & wash water, canned
or dried foods, first aid kits--gather the stuff you'd put in an
emergency kit, including some cash to buy things you didn't think of.
This is a good idea in any case, and while I'm at it, find your local
CERT training <http://resilience.abag.ca.gov/preparedness/cert/> and
take it. (In Oakland it's CORE
<http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/OFD/s/CORE/index.htm>.) Best
three days of your life.