[sudo-discuss] Bubble

mattsenate@gmail.com mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:20:17 PDT 2015

Anyone else notice that the NASDAQ Composite Index has about reached the nominal peak of the dotcom boom? It's not at the real value peak (i.e. adjusted for inflation), but still pretty peakish:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=COMP&insttype=Index&freq=2&show=&time=20

It seems to me that additional market forces caused by the likes of a crisis in student debt or perhaps a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, could hasten the inevitable burst. Otherwise we may be looking at just a few years before a substantial fall in the stock market, devaluation of over-inflated "tech" companies, subsided startup investment, decrease in technology field employment, or other similar things...

What might one do to prepare, as if not soon, at least inevitably there will be some stock market crash that will largely affect the wide bay area economy?

// Matt