[sudo-discuss] Oakland Public Library in need of digital literacy trainers

April Glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Mon Mar 9 12:21:27 PDT 2015

Hi again,

Please allow me to add one more opportunity for sudoers to help meet the
technology needs of our neighbors: work with patrons at the Oakland
Public Library learn basic digital literacy skills, like word
processing, Internet browsing, apply for jobs, formatting etc.

Or propose to teach a workshop series on the basics of setting up a
website, graphic design, hardware hacking, programming basics, or any
other skill that you'd like to share.

They really need people to come in once a week to help patrons find
their way around online and get access to basic services. And the
librarians organizing it seem very flexible and enthusiastic.

To get get started, please fill out this interest form:
http://oaklandlibrary.org/sites/default/files/uploads/OPLVolunteerApplication_revApr14.pdf

And here's a description of the call for tech trainers that they posted
online: http://www.prelive.volunteermatch.org/search/opp1714947.jsp

I'm doing it! If you have questions, you can email Sara DuBois:
sbubois at oaklandlibrary.org

Yours,
April

--