[sudo-discuss] calling a sudo board meeting

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:32:06 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:07 PM, April Glaser <april.glaser at riseup.net>
wrote:

> We need a board meeting, not a sudo general meeting, where proper
> minutes are taken.

What we've occasionally done with CCL is to set part of our weekly working
meeting aside for a board meeting. As I understand it, as long as you have
a quorum of board members present you can call an impromptu general board
meeting: "Other general meetings of the board may be held without notice at
such time and place as the board may fix from time to time."

You just check you have a quorum, announce the start of the board meeting,
and start taking formal board meeting minutes - preferably in a separate
document than the riseup pad where the usual member meeting notes are
taken. Make sure to note start and end times, and exactly which board
members are present.

Patrik