[sudo-discuss] giant robot

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Jan 29 13:18:39 PST 2015

hi all,

i got a really fancy motor controller and a bunch of really fancy motors
with encoders built-in, and it all works together.. and I think we should
consider making another robot.  Here is the controller:

product sheet:
http://spaz.org/~jake/bxi/BXi-Tool-Controller-Debuted.pdf

huge operation manual:
http://spaz.org/~jake/bxi/BX300HIFMan.pdf

basically the brain can control six motors, which i have, with very
precise motion control and tracking, for example for the joints of a giant
robot.

The motors I have are a couple of sizes, but I think we should go big and
use the 500W (2/3 horsepower) motors, so the thing can be expected to cart
its own batteries around and be autonomous.

never mind, this is a dumb idea.  but i do have the motors and controller,
and i may be able to get more.  I guess we could build a 4x8 foot laser
cutter or something mundane like that.

-jake