[sudo-discuss] Show high school seniors what a hackerspace is

Karissa McKelvey karissa.mckelvey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:40:52 PST 2015

Hey sudoers

I'm teaching a web programming class of about 20 high school seniors
(17-18 years old) who live in Oakland. They are primarily people of
color and underprivileged in some way, having reached hardships enough
to find themselves at a continuation high school due to bad grades.

I'd like to bring them on a fieldtrip to sudo room/omni for an hour or
two so they can see the tech, get a tutorial on 3d printers & see one
in action. Maybe if people wanted to show off their projects they're
working on, that'd be cool too!

Anyone interested in this sort of thing?

--
Karissa
karissamck.com

'The kids call me Special K. Hopefully they just think I'm special'