[sudo-discuss] help sudoroom have a CNC machine!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:25:41 PST 2015

Before we dismantle the acoustic microscope head, I'd love to figure out if
we can use it to image any biological samples. Do we have a manual for that
thing?

Also, I can't help but wonder how well this thing will deal with the
sideways forces that a CNC needs to handle. It sure seems overengineered
out the wazoo, but I bet it's optimized more for resolution and maybe
scanning speed.

It'd be fun if we could use the ultrasound head to 3D carve some sandstone
or plaster though... :-D

Patrik