[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Elliot Hughes

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:56:24 PST 2015

I have spoken with Eliot about all of this and second David's point - in
all instances Elliot was very much acting out of defense of the space and
the people in it.

After the latest incident, Elliot told me they were committed to refraining
from future use of physical force in the Omni. They were quite serious in
saying this and I don't take them as someone who gives their word lightly.

Personally, I will be at the next sudo meeting to discuss, but I am
inclined to warn rather than ban. Given the situations David described (
some facts off - it was korl, not me who got told off by the drunk dude; in
the latest instance Elliot restrained but did not 'assault' David T), it
seems clear to me he is more committed to maintaining safe space than
threatening it.

Jenny

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé