[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Elliot Hughes

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Mon Jan 12 16:50:45 PST 2015

i think people we know can be easier to read/predict than people we
don't, which could convey a sense of safety to some, and perhaps
confusion to others who perceive that rules are not being applied in a
fair or just way.

the problem of how to scale conflict resolution as the number of members
and visitors grows i believe will hinge on the willingness of new
members to learn about our existing conflict resolution procedures and
A) volunteer to take a role in the process, B) review these procedures
critically in light of new evidence and take the time to propose
revisions.  it would certainly be problematic to have the same people
who take care of the day to day running of the space also default to
mediating multiple simultaneous conflicts.  we are seeing huge uptick in
interest in the space and our success very much depends on thorough
onboarding.