[sudo-discuss] new members

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 00:25:57 PST 2015

I am so excited at how many new members we've been getting! I heard
that tonight there were *fifteen* new member applicants!

Back in the fall, we wrote a script for new member applications:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/New_Member_Script

I've been taking an extended break from Sudoroom organizing for self
care reasons, but I still care a lot about the community and culture
of our space. I think they are the most unique and important things
about Sudoroom. That is why we added questions like:

* What do you think about Sudoroom's values?
* What do you know about Sudoroom's history?

I notice that a couple months ago we edited the script to make these
questions *optional*, and from reading the meeting notes, it's not
clear that any of our new members is being asked these questions!

Do most people feel like these are less important? Am I the only one?