[sudo-discuss] Show high school seniors what a hackerspace is

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:03:32 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Karissa McKelvey
<karissa.mckelvey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it'd be cool to have the kids in within the next month, could be
> anywhere from 1-2 hours or longer, and it can be anytime until the last week
> of May. We just need two weeks of notice. It could be during the day,
> potentially after lunch or something.
>
> It'd probably be ~15 or so kids

Hi Karissa,

I'm afraid we're still in legal limbo with regard to having minors at
omni, especially a dedicated event for minors without their legal
guardians. We're all excited to have events like this, but would
definitely need to talk to our insurance and lawyers first. And we're
so short on volunteer hours, that could be weeks away or more. We
always love new volunteers though, if you know any self-motivated
people interested in getting involved. Thanks for your understanding.
:)