[sudo-discuss] unconference after the ALA in June

April Glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Mon Feb 9 09:26:44 PST 2015

Hullo LOL Space and Sudoers,

I write to let you all know about an unconference I'm co-organizing in
June after the American Library Association Annual Conference in San
Francisco. It's a two day event, June 29-30 at Noisebridge :)

I'm working with the Library Freedom Project, an partnership among
librarians, technologists, attorneys, and advocates to teach librarians
about surveillance threats, digital rights, and privacy-protecting
technology.

Here's our call for participation: https://libraryfreedomproject.org/?p=286

If any of you all know librarians who may be interested please share, or
if you're available to help with and of the privacy tools trainings or
have an idea for a workshop/way to help, please shoot me an email.
april at libraryfreedomproject.org

We're still hashing out the schedule, but we're very excited to invite
tons of local luminaries to speak on these emerging issues in libraries.
And even more stoked that this conversation is happening at Noisebridge.
We'll have skill shares, conversations on patron privacy, discuss issues
of access, radical archiving, copyright, community outreach, and more.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday.

All my best,
April

--