[sudo-discuss] Sudo Room looking RAD for the fundraising video: we need all sudo-ers!!! Oct. 5th

Noemie Serfaty noemieserfaty at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:12:11 PDT 2014

Sudoer!

As you may know already, the film collective is preparing a bad ass
fundraising video, in order to help raise 2 million $ for the Omni. The
video being a crucial aspect of the crowdfunding campaign, we need your
participation!

The film collective's concept is to do a one shot walkthrough of the OMNI
IN ACTION.

*We need as many sudo-ers as possible to participate in the shoot *that
will take place on *OCTOBER 5th from noon to 5pm! *We're not sure it will
last that long, but we are sure that we all need to be ready to shoot by
noon.

Please save the date! It will be super fun too!

The video concept will be something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr-vxVaY_M

Except that instead of rich people dining, we'd have awesome people
building the Omni or doing their awesome project. What we have in mind, is
very concrete activities that show that we are building the Omni for the
greater good. The camera would stop in front of the person absorbed in
their activity and they would be like "hey! I'm repairing this so that it's
safe for kids to use!"
or "hey! I'm making a shelf so we can do this or that!

*Sudoer, you who are reading this now:* in order to pull this video off, we
need your participation! Give me a sign if you're in!

                                               =======================

We also need to figure out what activities sudo-ers would be doing inside
sudo. Here are my suggestions:

- *Work on actual construction projects*, or moving stuff. It's an
opportunity to work on the space! Anything you had planned in this vein
could happen on october 5th! Do let me know what you have in mind, and
we'll figure out in more detail what to do. The more people will be in the
space working on stuff, even just putting up signs or making the space look
more pretty, the better.

- Work on cool sudo projects!
*sudo mesh*, but then it would need to be somewhat visual. Working on the
weird antennas or the pico stations... I would love it if some of you mesh
people had suggestions of what you'd be doing and what the person who would
be asked what they're doing would answer in a concise way.

*Oakland Wiki*, if the Oakland wiki peeps are down!

*The robot*, because it's fun. We'd need to have a fun and convincing thing
to say about it: "I'm programming the robot so that people can (...) ?"
Jake, any suggestion - "kill all the humans" excluded :) ?

*Francisco* working on vinegar, or cooking, or walking in with vegetables
form the market to cook something?

Feel free to suggest other things!

The general idea, I think, is to suggest that we're all about a radical
commoning of resources, and do things that benefit the greater community in
an evident way.
Write to me if you have ideas on how you could participate in this!

Thank you!
Noémie

--
Noémie Serfaty