[sudo-discuss] Dia de los Muertos fundraiser: is happening?

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:25:51 PDT 2014

Hi Lesley,

I would strongly suggest a language change to the flyer.

The flyer currently asks: "What would Nov. 1 look like if Dia de los
Muertos was obsolete?" For me, Día de los Muertos is a day to immortalize
my loved ones who have passed away. Given this sentiment, the idea of it
becoming "obsolete" doesn't make sense to me. Also, I'm certain you don't
mean it this way, but I feel like it even borders on judgmental, like it
brushes off that sentiment and the immortality of the event itself. I would
suggest language that asks how Día de los Muertos might be reimagined in a
futurist framework. Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Vicky