[sudo-discuss] Dia de los Muertos fundraiser: is happening?

Lesley Bell zvezdalune at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:01:27 PDT 2014

Praveen, I have observed similar things. I have hopes, but no answers.
Extropy? This study <http://hub.jhu.edu/2014/06/30/ethical-behavior-tired>
concluded that people made less ethical decisions when tired. If I believe
what people tell me, very few people actually want to
discriminate--discrimination is just a result of cognitive biases that
we've developed to compensate for our limited processing power.  If some
humans had augmented mental resources, would it be easier to correct biased
thinking?

I would like to think that humanity will soon evolve past this kind of
thing, but if we don't, our impending potential self-directed species
differentiation could result a wee bit of conflict. And...that's one reason
I would like to bring the transhumanist/futurist community closer to the
Omni community.

Here's the updated flyer.