[sudo-discuss] stuff.sudo - TAG ALL THE THINGS!

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Oct 22 00:14:35 PDT 2014

Our inventory tracking system is now up and running again!

Go to:

  http://stuff.sudo

Create labels by filling out the form and hitting "save and print"
(remember to look at the preview of the label before printing, you have to
manually hit enter in the description textbox to create newlines).

Stick the label on the item, and you can either scan the QR code to go to
the item's wiki page, or look at the ID on the printed label and for e.g.
ID 42, go to:

  http://o.sudoroom.org/42

When you print a label it will come out of the label printer next the the
wooden 3D printer. If it doesn't work, ensure that the label printer is on
(it should have a green light) and connected.

The software has been updated to the latest codebase so it should crash
less and will automatically restart if it does crash.

The code is here:

  https://github.com/sudoroom/labitrack

Unfortunately (or fortunately) our old database was lost in the mists of
moving (or maybe it wasn't but I couldn't find it) but the wiki pages
remain, so it should be easy enough to create redirects.

--
marc/juul