[sudo-discuss] [backspace] Re: [BAPS-Organizing] Re: Backspace Space proposal

Donald Hughes kamiyodojo.ca at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:08:55 PDT 2014

   So what I am hearing is that we are all supportive of each other.  I
hear general consensus on Backspace being able to schedule time in the
Dance Room, the Den, and the downstairs space next to the lift.  No one
wants any one else to not be able to have access to these spaces, but we
would like the ability to begin scheduling in these rooms. I hear people
not being opposed to the idea that we get the EyeBall room and that it is
lockable.  So it seems as though we have the rudiments of agreement.
    Nikki, I would like to address what you are asking for.  We need to
have something certain to give to other professionals who would like to use
the space for healing or classes.  This has not yet manifested, so it is
difficult to tell you exactly what the time and space looks like as of
yet.  My goal would be that we have this mostly fleshed out by November
1st, and have everything totally solidified by December 1st.
   But what I think we can do in the meantime, is offer basically our
proposal.  Which is to have scheduling power over 50% of the Den.  But we
also want to be able to schedule time in the other spaces in conjunction
with the other collectives who want a say in those spaces.  To my mind it
seems fair that when we schedule something in other spaces we give up some
of our scheduling time in the Den.  But none of this is worked out.  I just
think this is something that could be fair and will work.
  In order to move forward on a Nov1st start date for the clinic, we would
need the ability to schedule time at least in the EyeBall room, which I
would like to start calling the clinic room.  We would need this ASAP as it
will take a process to get new members who are willing to pay money for
space to do their practices.  I hope this helps us to move forward.  Note
that these are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
the rest of Backspace.

Thank you everyone,

Don