[sudo-discuss] [omni-consensus] Fwd: Backspace Space proposal

Andrew Lowe andrew at lostways.com
Wed Oct 15 16:26:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

We are talking about DEN & BDRM, BDRM [2], and STORAGE [1].

To answer some of Niki's comments:

- Can Backspace give an idea as to how much time / what days or evenings
the "den" would be available for use by other groups? (One day a week / 10%
of the time / etc.)

We wont know 100% until we've been up and running for awhile. We have
someone right now who is going to use that space two nights a week and
certainly there will be more. While we are getting more members set up and
doing some renovations the space will mostly likely be open most of the
time for omni bookings, but as we grow we will be using more time in there.

- The former TIL office downstairs is actually two smaller rooms which are
currently being proposed as a children's space.

We are aware of the proposed use as a children's space, we think that we
can work out a schedule that will allow for that vision to happen as well
was giving us a much needed second dedicated space with a door for
practitioners that is (or will be) ADA accessible.

Thanks,
Andrew

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> By the way, I have been urging people to refer to the names on this
> floorplan, to avoid confusion:
>
> https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Floorplan#Annotated_Floorplan
>
> They're kinda clinical and not really intended for conversational use, but
> at least they're unique. When in doubt, include a link to the floorplan on
> the wiki! For example, the spaces above the corner entrance are marked "DEN
> & BDRM", "BDRM [1]" and "BDRM [2]", and the spaces between the ballroom and
> the cafe are labeled "STORAGE [1]" (the one with the windows, that
> Backspace wants to use) and "STORAGE [2]" (no windows - possible the
> "bunker"?)
>
> A while back, there was talk about some WG coming up with better names for
> all the spaces, but I'm not sure anything materialized out of that. If
> there is a better set of names (like "bunker room" and "eyeball room"),
> please put them up on the wiki somewhere, so we can avoid this kind of
> confusion.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Patrik
>

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM, yar <yardenack at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Is Backspace interested in sole use of that room, or open to the current
>> > proposal of it being a dedicated Kids Room as well?
>>
>> You're thinking of a different room - we've been calling the former
>> TIL office the "Kids Room." Backspace is talking about the other room
>> across from that one, under the staircase, which has BAPS books in it
>> now.
>>
>> From what I understand, they're proposing to have domain over the room
>> with the understanding that it would be unlocked and usable by other
>> groups whenever Backspace isn't using it. They want to do renovations
>> to make it clean and safe enough for bodywork sessions, and the
>> bodyworkers want to be able to have final say over the layout and
>> aesthetics of the room.

---------
Andrew Lowe
http://www.lostways.com