[sudo-discuss] [omni-consensus] Fwd: Backspace Space proposal

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:59:15 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Sara Larsen <saralarsenyoga at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> re: your second paragraph - We were not aware that that room is not
>> currently considered accessible. Perhaps it's possible to widen the
>> doorway? Who is a point person (aside from Keenan) who knows more about
>> this? Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
>>

> This is a good place to start:
> http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/2010ADAStandards/2010ADAstandards.htm

TL;DR: you need a 32" door opening (measured with the door at 90 degrees),
a 60" turning radius inside the room (or a 60" wide T-shaped space
<http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/2010ADAStandards/images/ADA-AB6.gif>, which
usually amounts to about the same), and there would need to be sufficient
space to approach the door from the outside (see this figure
<http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/2010ADAStandards/images/ADA-AB24.gif>).

Patrik