[sudo-discuss] robot job files and rectangular coordinates

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Oct 8 14:00:03 PDT 2014

so far, all the robot programs we have extracted have coordinates stored
in PULSE format, meaning that all positions are stored as a list of
positions for the six axes.  This means we have been trying to create a
math model of the robot's joints to get it to do our bidding.

however, today I was reading page 106 of this document:
http://spaz.org/~jake/robot/479236-17-Communications.pdf

and it explains more about the format of a Job file:

///PULSE   : Indicates position data (pulse counts)
///RECTAN  : Indicates position data (rectangular coordinates)

so far we have only seen PULSE, but we could try RECTAN and see if we can
feed the robot rectangular coordinates, like we do to a 3D printer.

also there is the line starting with ///ATTR
///ATTR a-p	: Job data attributes
... m = Position data format, 0 pulse, 1 rectangular ...

and
///FRAME coordinate system	: Identifies the job coordinate system
BASE = base coordinates
ROBOT = robot coordinates N = user coordinate number (1 - 8)

also, we should realize that the line ///NPOS describes the number of
coordinates in a job, and until now I thought we could simply add or
remove coordinate lines and that would be enough, but probably not.
See how the NPOS line always matches the number of coordinates (of each
type) in the jobs we have saved so far:
https://github.com/jerkey/yasnac/tree/master/jobs

all our jobs are FRAME BASE and coordinates in PULSE.  I don't know how to
create a job any other way, so we will have to experiment.

-jake