[sudo-discuss] Board Nominations begin TONIGHT!

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:22:22 PST 2014

*Are you a member of Sudo Room? Are you or a fellow Sudo Room member you
know really good at going to a meeting once a year and filling out
occasional paperwork with all your best friends?* *Nominate your future
board now!*

*Here's how the nominations process works:*

   - [Now - Nov. 26] Reply all to this email with people you want to
   nominate. "People" could include yourself and should be human or
   human-passing. Because the law says so, we must have 5, 7, 9, or 11 Board
   Members. A few of us are open to remaining if there aren't enough
   enthusiastic nominees.
   - [Nov. 26 - Dec. 3] If you are nominated, you may accept/decline during
   this period. If you are opposed to any nominee, speak up!
   - [Dec. 3 general meeting] We will discuss opposition to any nominees.
   If we have more non-opposed nominations than slots to fill, we can teach
   the robot arm how to draw names from a hat and have it execute 11
   names-draws.

*Board Member responsibilities: *

   - Bug Marc (our new Treasurer and continuing Board Member) to file our
   yearly taxes.
   - Submit our 501(c)(3) incorporation application (ask current Board
   members for details).
   - You may step down from Board whenevs you want--just let us know with
   some time so we can find a replacement.
   - Basic details here <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Board> and here <
   https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Board/FAQs>. Details for those who speak
   legalese: <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Bylaws#Article_7._Board_of_Directors