[sudo-discuss] Meeting Notes 7/29

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:05:21 PDT 2014

tl,dr announcements/discussions/decisions from tonight's meeting:

* Please check your Gittip accounts as we've seen a sharp decline in the
past week! Gittip doesn't notify users when their cards are declined.
* Omni Kiosk will be put by the front door of the Omni tonight. Check in to
help out with building management tasks so we can better distribute work
among all interested participants! There's also a simple system set up for
reserving common space areas for meetings and the like.
* 'Newbie Night' every Friday evening with an oscillating array of
facilitators to help welcome and onboard potential new members. Jenny can
host this week - who would like to host next week? Marc sez yes. jake says
friday is thought to be for partying, not ideal for newbie night
** Perhaps Mondays? Thoughts?
 * PROPOSAL: Proposal to ban non-member scott cohen for reasons of safety.
** 10 unanimous ayes, proposal passes
* PROPOSAL: "If the Noisebridge hackerspace in San Francisco bans a person from
their space for reasons of safety, that person is immediately &
automatically banned from Sudoroom."
** Consenso: 9 ayes, 1 abstention
* PROPOSAL: Add question for new members: "Have you ever been banned from a
hackerspace?".
** Consenso: 9 ayes, no blocks or abstentions
* Request of sudoers to read the in-process Omni Safer Space Policy:
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Safe_Space_Policy
** To get involved, join the next Challenging Dominant Culture meeting,
Saturday at 11am at Arbor Cafe
* Permitting meeting on Friday afternoon anytime after 1! Come help!
* Shop work party Saturday with Brendan!

Full notes recorded for posterity at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-07-30

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net