[sudo-discuss] Lead paint... NOT!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:10:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:49 AM, <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:

>  'poured plates' - is that putting agar in petri dishes?  awesome about
> no lead, thanks for investigating!

Yeah, it's a little pre-packaged kit that comes with an empty Petri dish,
and a small bottle of medium that you pour into it and let solidify. No
heating required, so they may be using some air-activated reaction to get
the gel to set, or possibly some coating in the seemingly empty Petri dish
(possibly alginate + CaCl2?)

We could easily have made our own plates, but I wanted to try these kits
out anyway, and you can send the results in for identification.

Patrik