[sudo-discuss] super focus club

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sat Jan 25 19:14:18 PST 2014

well my point wasn't that I would come to SudoRoom and do only working and
not talk to anyone. I would like to have a super focus area so that we
could isolate ourselves for short bursts, then come back like half-naked
pearl divers coming up for air out of the ocean, our diving knives in our
teeth, so that during breaks we could flop around and relax supine on the
couches, just as divers would half-naked in the bright sun...

before diving down into the depths again, the depths of hyperfocus, clad
only in loinclothes, searching for pearls of wisdom.

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:13:56 -0800
From: Max Klein <isalix at gmail.com>1"

I've come to accept that this is not possible at sudo. I tried the "I'm
busy" sombrero, and the corner. Sometimes the problem is that I distract
myself too. But I still want focus. Super focus, without the anonymity or
expense of the coffee shop, and the separation from my house.

The way I imagined the happening was renting one of the other rooms next to
sudo and making "SUPER FOCUS CLUB". It'd be very minimally run, and cost to
go in (I think paying for it would also help bring ones self to
superfocus). So it'd be a spartan "coworking" space, which you can have as
premium feature to sudo's freemium model. I kind of was thinking about
trying this out for a month starting in April when I also plan to quit my
job and shake my life like a purse and I was looking for keys.

-notconfusing

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com