[sudo-discuss] help: anti-DAC resources?

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 14:57:07 PST 2014

This is awesome. Thanks Eddan! I will gratefully read what you've forwarded.

Re: speaking on behalf of groups, I appreciate your caution. I should have
been more clear, my effort here is specifically not to speak on behalf of
this or that group. Im seeking only to deliver an argument pure and
simple about the negatives of the DAC specifically into the hands of people
in local govt so they can make use of it themselves, in other words, enable
them to articulately represent their own personal interest with
regards remediating this issue, and specifically not get caught up in the
politics of representation or who all is for or against, which can
get sticky to say the least.

Regarding the juridical sphere, review there is of course entirely germane,
but what im hoping to produce is not a legal brief but more like a
3-5page policy position against the DAC in layman's terms: A summary of the
project, its glossed-over overreach, and its unanswered questions in ways
that are moral-political (youll be collecting far more info on everyday
folks than youre inferring, and this is wrong) and legal (this abridges our
specific constitutional legal right and/or state/local laws in x ways).

I had no doubt that discussions were already under way amongst all manner
of groups attuned to the precarious state of civil liberties, and so im
excited to be able to join in on the conversation and do what i can to
contribute. This being but one way. This is not a collaborationalist
posture, simply a pragmatic one in my view, and one of many
equally-effective approaches we have at our disposal -

looking forward,
david