[sudo-discuss] Ordering Sudouino Prototype boards next week!

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Tue Jan 21 12:56:54 PST 2014

Hi Folks,

The Sudouino is a microcontroller board designed with the intermediate to ambitious beginner level hardware hacker in mind, designed to be "permanently" installed in your project to run all the bells and whistles.  Connections are intended to be hard-wired with a soldering iron, saving space and cost by eliminating all but the most essential components from the basic model.  Sudouino is designed in Oakland and production model PCBs will be sourced as locally as possible, with the objective of raising funds to build an in-house capability for PCB milling, after which all revenue exceeding basic operating costs will go directly into the sudo room general fund.

I have gotten a few suggestions along the way for additions to the PCB I sent out about a month ago, which is the same as the one attached today since I haven't re-worked anything yet.  I would like to add the option for screw terminals and other hardware into the board layout if possible - if you have something you want to attach, please send me information including dimensions.  Relay socket?  Sensor connector?  Different mounting holes?  I will try to space everything to accommodate a few ways of connecting hardware based on what our members request.  There was one suggestion to use a different chip that can act as a USB peripheral device, which I would like to implement in the next Sudouino in what could be an unlimited series of sudo boards.  Also collecting input for that though I'm really hoping Jake will take the lead on the next one :) and there will be room for anyone to take the lead on subsequent devices all under the sudo room umbrella.

No idea when in the next few days I'll get around to putting in the order, so please give detailed feedback ASAP if you have any.

Cheers,
Hol