[sudo-discuss] developments in net neutrality

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jan 17 13:52:20 PST 2014

attached is an interesting/frightening graphic that's been making the rounds.  per info from jenny, sudo mesh has so far been able to foil google's attempts to pull information but i'm not sure how that applies to ISPs' practice of performing deep packet inspection.  I think getting behind/setting up tor nodes will help slow them down but it will be an arms race as long as we have an oligopoly on internet connectivity.  any other ideas?  also if anyone has advice on setting up a tor exit node, I'm trying to set up a home file server this weekend and would like to start experimenting.  if htere is a server just sitting at sudo room, i'd be glad to borrow it and run an exit node, maybe host some stuff for people.

cheers

yowsers!

romy at snowyla.com