[sudo-discuss] The Omni is happening - PLEASE REVIEW & DISCUSS!

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:44:53 PDT 2014

I really, really love that we are all working through this together! I
cannot thank you enough. Matt and Patrik especially!

I will work up a discrete $/sqft/group spreadsheet and hopefully augmented
floorplan later when I have time.

I've seen y'alls questions and thoughts and awesome input and have not
responded back yet solely due to cognitive bandwidth constraints
(IRL-imposed DoS and physical I/O saturation.)

I'll also answer as many of the other questions I can, and work up the
formal proposal we need as well as as much of the other paperwork.

Just to let everyone know we started with what every group can afford and
around how much space is needed and when, rather than what each part of the
space is worth on its own. Both are valid and imbricated metrics -- just a
different starting place.

Also in terms of relative rents being paid per sq.ft of dedicated space, I
suspect we will find that CCL and Sudo are probably paying less rent rent
per sq.ft than everyone else, except for FNB. BAPS is probably paying the
most.

There are other metrics too to consider which is how often the space is
used.

IE ONL is paying $500/mo and they only put on a few shows (and probably a
couple rehearsals) a month. Other groups expressing interest (but not yet
in the collective) have similar needs for temporary space - ie a yoga
collective possibly, etc.

FYI Patrik, really appreciate all your work going over the $/sq.ft on the
floor plan. I love your system for measuring and checked it against the
listed (numeric) dimensions printed in the floor plan.

Measuring the interior pixel lines in your 12ppi drawing of the bocce ball
court room though in GIMP, I found that the bocce ball court room as
measured by pixels (816px x 515px) was smaller than was listed the floor
plan (I am heavily sleep deprived, so y'all correct me if I'm off.)

IE, as measured by pixels, the W<>E dimension was smaller by ~5%, and the
N<>S dimension smaller by ~2%, leading to a ~7% discrepancy in this room,
or ~208' smaller. IE, pixels measure 2918 sq.ft, listed measures 3127 sq.ft.

Not sure which is more accurate, but I'm wagering the printed dimensions
are probably the more reliable (unless someone can think otherwise?)

I noticed in your xls, you used the listed rather than pixel-measured
dimensions for the bocce ball court room. But you may want to increase your
estimation of the raised platform area by 7%, and subtract that by 3127 to
come up with the full dimensions.

Love -
David