[sudo-discuss] UC Berkeley Student plan field trip to Sudo Room, ask for hackers to give them 'real' education

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 17:49:50 PDT 2013

Hell Holy Kopimists and Sudoers,

A group of self-organized students from UC Berkeley want to Visit Sudo Room
on October 14th 5pm to take theory into praxis. Their student-run class is
"Politics of Digital Piracy" .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Program:University_of_California,_Berkeley/Politics_of_Digital_Piracy_(Fall_2013)

They are asking if someone would like to take point on peer-teaching one of
the following topics to the insatiable and impressionable minds of the
hackcers-to-be.

As far as volunteers go, I think if would be cool if someone:
> a.)  did a hands-on workshop setting up Thunderbird, enigmail, and explain
> a bit about encryption/decryption, pgp and private keys ect.
>
> b.) setting up tor.  Despite its recent cracks, there have been students
> that have expressed interest in using Tor.
>
> c.) talk about the hack culture, and what kind of things sudoroom does.
>
> Let me know if you think this is doable.  Should be fun.  Also, bringing a
> group from the Open Computing Facility as well.

Please reply all so that our organizer Angelica can be part of the
conversation or reply to her directly.

Gratutiously yours,
Max