[sudo-discuss] Our Time Lapse prototype

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:11:35 PDT 2013

Hey all,

I stitched together a basic prototype of the timelapse from just 10 photos,
it's attached as a gif.

The toolchain is a bit rusty and required some manual finagling on my end,
will be working to improve this. Hugin should be sufficient to normalize
across focal lengths and exposures, then produce desirable projections, but
I'm still very green to the tool and wasn't able to produce as smooth an
output as I was hoping. I was able to compile the gif with gimp, but the
alignment that I set in Hugin didn't carry over so I had to do some
translation myself. Both have command line interfaces, so I think this
process can be semi-automated or at least made more speedy in the future.
Will also look into other tools like imagemagick.

// Matt

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM, mattsenate at gmail.com