[sudo-discuss] Fwd: {BayAreaPublicSchool} After School Tutoring @ The Holdout

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 22:23:55 PDT 2013

This is really rad!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lindsey Boldt <lindsbo at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Subject: {BayAreaPublicSchool} After School Tutoring @ The Holdout
To: bayareapublicschool at googlegroups.com

Hey BAPSters,

Do folks already know that The Holdout Social Center (http://theholdout.org/)
is now providing after school tutoring for youth? Very exciting! I know
some folks involved with BAPS have expressed an interest in working with
Oakland youth, especially in a non-school setting, so this would be a great
opportunity to do that. Tutors are needed and welcome.

They're currently offering homework help and youth programming "such as
Youth Power and Healthy Hoods" on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-6pm. Here's
a link to their fundraising page.

http://www.razoo.com/story/Holdout-Tutoring?referral_code=share

They're currently trying to raise money for books, supplies and healthy
snacks.

They're also looking for donations of:  Nourishing Snacks, Pencils/ Pens/
Paper, Books, Crayons/ Colored Pencils, Scissors/ Glue, AND tutors!

I personally have not been over to check it out yet, but am excited by the
prospect of a radical space like The Holdout offering something as
necessary as homework help to the immediate community surrounding its
space. So cool!

All best and happy weekend all,

Lindsey

"BayAreaPublicSchool" group.