[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Fw: [Long Now Members] Manual for Civilization

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 14:00:30 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George <travology at mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:46:10 -0700
Subject: Fw: [Long Now Members] Manual for Civilization
To: Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Rose
To: members at list.longnow.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:57 AM
Subject: [Long Now Members] Manual for Civilization

Long Now Members,

Please help us find the most useful books in the world...

We have begun an effort to populate our upcoming book collection for
the Salon called The Manual for Civilization. This will be the 3500
books you would most want if you had to restart civilization.

So.. If you were stranded on a desert island, what books will YOU
pick?  Come on, be honest (and selective).

Behold the ONE TRUE GOOGLE FORM.  We have made strides to make it as
easy as possible to make submissions.  Our main identifier is an
Amazon URL which will later be parsed by a massive child labor force
in a secret underground bunker into things like ISBN and book size
etc.

But right now we are trying to grow the list as broad as possible with
amazing selections.  Dont get too hung up on details or categories,
just make good submissions.  There will be a later vetting process
that will be more fun that playing "Hot or Not" in 01998.

Ready, set, go..! (dont forget to bookmark this page so you can come
back to it as you think of more books later)

--
Alexander Rose
Long Now executive director